Thursday, March 18, 2010

All the Pretty Dresses

So it hit me, just now as I was getting out of my nice hot bath (dont some of the best ideas come to us when you are in the bathroom?), what my focus will be for this Blog. When I originally started writing, it was just as a way for me to Journal my day to day and if Randy ever wanted to know what was going on, he could check on here. Well, in recent days I started to think that maybe I want a point and purpose to this little outlet of mine but had no clue what to do - I have no kids, no office mates, really could care less about style or make-up and even though I feel like I have great wisdom to impart on those days I am feeling especially frisky, I really just dont want to go there. And then EUREKA! I had it....

In June, Randy and I will be going on a trip to Disney - thank you Pampered Chef - and I am determined to have lost weight for the trip. Besides the whole watch what you eat, exercise, keep a food journal, yada, yada, yada, every morning when I am getting dressed I pull out a dress I would like to fit back into. I hang it where I can see it everytime I walk into my closet - yes, walk - as a reminder of what I want to focus on that day. I pull it out in the morning so that my day starts in the right frame of mind. It helps me keep to what I know I am supposed to do...

So, this Blog will now be a Journal of sorts for my weight loss journey and beyond. I will tell you - my one follower - what I am eating, what I should not have eaten and how I felt about it; what exercise I did that day and the mental process I go through to make myself exercise; I might even post pics of all the pretty dresses I will be wearing come June. I look forward to this journey and for having you along.

No comments:

Post a Comment