Friday, March 1, 2013

Month One, Day One

I almost blew it before it even started. Seriously. I realized I was ready for work about 15mins early and decided to use that time to drop off two large trash bags full of clothes. (I know. Why not what until the Possessions month and count it. Kinda cheating, so no. I dropped them off.) The Thrift Store was open so I decided to browse. I can THIS CLOSE to buying a set of Robot Popsicle makers - $2 - and a CakeSicle Maker - $3. I decided I didn't need them and got in the car. As I am driving away, it dawned on me that I am not suppose to be making any unnecessary purchases this month. Geez! Been looking forward to today for a month and I can't even go a day without trying to spend money. And if that wasn't bad enough, I just spent the last hour organizing a new playlist on iTunes. I decided to see what new Praise & Worship is out and again came THIS CLOSE to buying an album. As I was listening to all the previews, I thought, "You can't buy that now. Duh!" So, at the end of Day One the only money I have spent is my rent. It falls under "Bills" so I have not fallen off the wagon. Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment