Saturday, March 2, 2013

Month One, Day Two

So, yesterday I got a Silpada Catalog in the mail and I realized I really have changed. It held no allure. I looked at it and sure it was nice and there is a pair of earrings I wouldn't mind having, but really. Do I need them? Do I not have enough jewelry you could choke a cow? Now it is sitting on our "Dining Room Table" - really a card table right now as we are still unpacking - and there it will sit. Randy wanted to know if I had found anything I wanted and I could honestly tell him no. Now for today. I bought gas. That's it. We spent the day out but no money....oops. Yes, I did. I forgot until just now. We left early and I forgot to eat. Well, early for a Saturday. I was starting to get a headache and could feel the shakes coming on so we pulled into a Dunkin Donuts. No, I did not get a doughnut. I got a sandwich. It was necessary. Now back to the rest of the day. We did go to Outback but thanks to my Dad and Stepmom, it was a gift card and Randy paid the tip. (He is not participating with me this month.) We even went to a Consignment Store and I spent nothing. There was not anything that was the least bit tempting. It felt good to leave without any bags or packages. After lunch, we stopped at a BAM and sat in the cafe for about an hour. There was a Bible I would have liked to have gotten, actually two, but I left without them. (One was Nave's Topical Bible; the other a Chronological Bible.) When Randy got his coffee, he asked if I wanted anything. I told him no thank you as I had a water in the car. I would have loved a hot chocolate but isn't that the point of this. A Fast without anything that tempts you really isn't a Fast is it? There has to be something you make a conscience effort to deny yourself. For me today it was Hot Chocolate. Who knows what it will be tomorrow. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment