Monday, February 25, 2013

What We Eat and Aiming Higher

April will be all about getting my mind and body on the right track. Month Two's focus is Food. Eat only 7. Yep. Not food groups; not categories; foods. As in Burger, Fries, Chips, Pizza....but not those. Obviously. Randy and I discussed this one and he is totally on board. That man would eat collard greens, beans and rice all day every day and be happy, so no. This will not be a problem for him. For me? Yea, well I don't like eating the same thing back to back. Much less for 4 weeks! But I need to so here are our 7: Chicken, Eggs, Rice, Black Beans, Tomatoes, Bananas and Apples. We will be drinking water and cooking with EVOO and only using S&P for seasoning. This one will take more effort on my part as I work during lunch and dinner and am hungry every 3 to 4 hours. I see lots of Apples in my future. The other thing is that we will be focused as much as we can on organic options, including cage free chickens. Part Two of this month is to Aim Higher. With that I will attempt to finish my book, while asking for input from those around me and those they know; I am going to enjoy the fun of failure by taking a class of some sort that makes my produce something tangible; work smarter by wasting less time on my phone (which actually shouldn't be too hard since I am currently fasting from most of my iPhone apps); and I will be enjoying the now by focusing on it. I want to always be fully present to the people and things around me. This month I will be reading, "Simplicity:The Art of Living", by Richard Rohr in preparation for May. Happy Monday! TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment