Saturday, August 28, 2010

Would You? Could You?

A couple years back - so, a lot of years back - I was with a Ministry, Teen Mania Ministries, in Lindale TX. While there I knew two brothers and their lovely wives. As time happens, we lose touch with me people and before you know it someone you knew in High School has 5 kids and you didnt even know they were married! Well, this is what happened with these two brothers. Time passed and before you know it, I hear one of them is in the Final Stages on Liver Failure. I knew from the pictures I had seen on FB that he did not look the same, but I thought that that was just my memory. Then I hear that another brother - I did not know there were more than the two - is donating part of his liver so that his brother will have the chance to see his kids grow up. Great story, right? Well, this is where it gets difficult....you know there is always that chance, the littlest one; the one the doctors tell you about and then say, not to worry because it wont happen, they just have to tell you that it could. In this case, .001%. Yes, the decimal is correct - .001%. And, it happened. Ryan Arnold who was in perfect health, died to save his brother, Chad.

When I first heard about the transplant, I thought - excellent. Ryan's healthy, he will be okay. I hope Chad's body doesn't reject the organ....I never thought it would happen to Ryan.

Here is the point of this telling, would you give your life to save another, knowing that you could really be giving your life? When Chad's Dad told him Ryan had passed, he followed it with - God is still a Good God. Could You say that after losing a child, a friend, a parent when it seems all wrong? I would like to think I could, on both accounts. I would like to think that I would be able to say that my life is no more important than another and that when it was all said and done, that I could still say my God is Good. But, Would You? Could You?

To read the full story, go to www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-liver-transplant-death-txt,0,3369112.story

To read Chad's Blog as he recovers, go to http://cometoofar.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment