Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Accomplishments....or, lack of

So I woke up the other day and realized I am 35yrs old (or will be at the end of the week) and I have no accomplishments. Nothing I can look back on and say, "I did that". Getting married doesn't count. I wish it did....

I was supposed to go to the Naval Academy, but decided I didn't want the Gov't to own me. So I didn't. I was accepted into a Women's College in IL and deferred and then never went. If I tried to get a "real" job now, it would have to be a Fast Food Joint as I have no Classes or Degrees to speak of. No one cares anymore about life experience, even though life experiences will get you more that a piece of paper most days.

This past week was a real eye-opener in all this as we found out we still are not pregnant, I failed the Builder Exam AGAIN and in trying to get a New Dog, they decided to give her to someone else....it was a real winner of a week.

So, this is what I have decided to do. Being that I am naturally a glass is always half full, optimistic kind of person, this next month I am going to each day write about something good. Not necessarily something I am thankful for - even though I am sure those will come out, but more like "here is something positive to chew on". Some days, I may actually think of something I "did" or accomplished. Mostly it is going to be just good. No negativity and pessimism is not allowed.

I hope that in the next month, something you read here will give you cause to stop and think about something in your own life and maybe look at that glass a little differently.

TTFN
Amy

2 comments:

  1. GUUUURRRRLLLL!!!!
    I couldnt stand being in the kitchen...it was always THAT room that I had no desire to be in other then to eat a meal and run. NOW, i wish i had more time to play there and create and make a mess. YOU showed me pampered chef.. you did. so while its tough not to see HUGE things on your list (which I totally understand) know that you have changed others. and realize, that one day my family will have a home cooked meal, and not salad an pasta all the time :)

    so smile on that.

    Becca

    ReplyDelete