Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Over The Last Month

There is a lot to do when starting a new business you plan to run as a business. Names to register, accounts to open, business opportunities to pursue. All of that has been happening since my last post. I have also read a couple of books, picked up two voiceover accountability partners and lost 10lbs. All on purpose. This past Monday was the start of week 4 of our new way of eating. Part One was to get rid of ALL the things in the house that could tempt us. If it had sugar, flour, or rice in it, it made it's way into a box and out my front door into my little sister's waiting van. Four boxes by the way. Four. For the first two weeks, I was very strict on what I ate and what I did. Not eating any white foods - sugar, flour, rice, pasta - was not as hard as I thought it would be because, well, I had removed the temptation. I decided at the end of week 2, which coincided with a family baby shower and BBQ, that I would allow myself one day to eat what I wanted without feeling guilty about it. I did and in the process gained back 2lbs of the 12lbs I had lost in those first two weeks. The following week I decided I was tired of not enjoying my morning coffee and went back to my creamer - International Delights, Sweetcream. The difference this time, is that I only put in enough to cover the bottom of my mug, instead of filling it up about 1/4 of the way with creamer. Having a day - Saturday - that I know I can eat what I want, helps me stay on track for the week. The convo in my head goes something like this: Sunday and Monday - crickets, cause I just ate whatever I wanted two days ago Tuesday - "Seriously? Do you want to undo all the work you've put in? Cuz that's what will happen. Give in now, and you will keep giving it and 'start over Monday'" Wednesday and Thursday - "Good job. You've made it to the middle of the week and look, only three/two more days to go. You totally have this." Friday - "Tomorrow. Tomorrow. I can make it to tomorrow." Saturday - Can't think of what I actually want to eat that has been off limits all week. Randy has been doing better than me, in that he hasn't had anything we agreed to get out of the house since we started. His shirts are getting loose, he is able to wear shirts he wasn't able to a month ago, and he has moved his belt two notches. Super proud of him. For both of us, it is a new way of eating; a new lifestyle we want to live by and our agreement to one another is that our decisions are ours and we won't give each other a hard time for what we are choosing. I am looking forward to fitting back into the little dresses I was able to wear 5 years ago that have been in plastic bins ever since. As for my voiceover work, I am finishing up the book I was asked to record - it has a contract end date of 12/31/21 - and my website went live yesterday. I am getting organized with my time and making time for all the things. Over the course of the next month, I will have a weekly blog post, YouTube video, and podcast go live. In order for people to want to hire me for my voice, I have to give them all the ways to hear it. Wish me luck. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment