Thursday, April 29, 2021

So, This Is 45

Today is my 45th birthday. It feels like a milestone for me and I am not sure why. I do feel like I am currently at my best. I am finally doing what I have wanted to do for 20+ years - writing and voiceovers; I celebrate 19yrs of marraige in just over 2 months; the hubs and I have a solid game plan for the next 1-5yrs; I am on a health journey that I have fought to be on for the last 7yrs - fight with myself and not wanting to give up what I know I need to give up. I have also come to the realization that I am just not the girlfriend type. You know what I am talking about. The women that have a group of women that go out with for drinks, or coffee, or a girl's weekend. Or even on their birthday. I honestly don't know if I have ever been that type. Maybe when I'm old I will have some blue haired friends I drink coffee and play shuffleboard with. For now, though, I am content to have birthday breakfast with the babe, snuggle on the couch with the fur kids, and sneak a peek at where everyone else is going and what everyone else is doing. We will get there. And when we do, we will enjoy it more because like cheese and wine, life gets better with age. For now, this is it as I still need to have my quiet time - Randy whisked me away for an early birthday breakfast today - and I have a book to continue editing the audio on. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment