Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Already a Day Behind.....

....not in my MM but in my post....was certain I typed this up last night but just realized it was all in my head. Literally. Today was Day 1 of The Miracle Morning. I like that it keeps me focused on the task at hand and that it doesn't allow for distractions. You go from one step to the next until you are done. The funny thing is that I always get up between 0500 and 0530 but I slept in. Until 0800. What?! Still not a problem as it just cut out the unnecessary Facebook time. Again, it keeps me focused and on task. I didn't realize until last night that I didn't do my Real Estate class - that is what I am missing by sleeping in. That and Facebook.... I found myself through out the day continuing to stay on task, as if I was on a schedule. I have also started "7" by Jen Hatmaker - or I guess I should say, I am doing it again. It goes by the premise of concentrating on "fasting" from a certain area of your life for a month. I don't necessarily agree with all that she says concerning fasting - or some of her other beliefs - but this book is good for getting a fresh perspective on ones life and all that we have to be thankful for. This first month is food. She chose 7 foods to eat. Just those 7, for the month. I have chosen to do more of a cutout of other food type things. My fast for this month is: no fast food (I only eat CFA anyway), no sweet tea (will add this back in at the end of the month, but only with meals), no snack foods (I tend to snack while I am packing the kid's lunches as work - two for you, one for me), no candy (again, work is causing me to gain weight), and my only treat allowed is Le Macaron on Sunday nights with Randy. It is our recharge, refresh, plan for the week time. I look forward to it all week and am completely bummed when it is missed. It stays, but as my only source of "happy food" all week. I am look forward to what this MM routine does for me and how I grow as I move through it and "7". Oh, I also started - complete with measurements and BMI - a diet and exercise journal. I have only had it for at least 5yrs - it made the move with us from VA to FL, so I figured I should go ahead and use it. Lots happening; lots of changes; God is moving and we are moving with Him. TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment